Electronic Funds Transfer
Florida Blue's electronic funds transfer (EFT) enables physicians and providers to receive claim payments safely and securely by direct deposit to a designated bank account at the financial institution of their choice. The benefits of using EFT include:
- Quicker access to your claim payment funds
- Elimination of lost or stolen checks
- Increased administrative efficiencies and greater convenience
- Increased security of information
- Eligibility to receive electronic remittance advices (ERAs) which expedite patient account reconciliation
To get started using EFT, complete the Electronic Funds Transfer Registration Form. To complete the form follow the instructions and attach an original voided check (not a photocopy) or letter from the bank. There are no claim submission or claim volume EFT eligibility requirements.
Mail the signed form and documentation to:
Corporate Payables – DCC 1-5
4800 Deerwood Campus Parkway
Jacksonville, FL 32246-8273
Registration is easy. Once the completed EFT form and proper documentation is received by the department above, the process takes approximately 24 hours.
Once registered for EFT:
Payments are processed on a weekly schedule based on the zip code of the payment address. Funds are available approximately two days after the payment cycle. For example, the Monday payment cycle funds will be in the designated bank account on Wednesday.
- Florida Blue will only debit your account if we sent a duplicate file to the bank. Any payment reductions due to adjustments, netting, etc. are part of the claims adjudication process, which is completed before funds are transferred to your account.
You may receive checks for a small number of groups that have not migrated to our common claims processing system.
Florida Blue administers bank accounts for different lines of business (e.g., BCBSF, Federal Employee Program, Health Options, Inc., State Employees’ PPO Plan and, ASO groups). You may receive multiple EFTs if you have multiple payment addresses and see members for these lines of business.